24 Nov Marshes Enterprise Fair
Enterprise students from Dundalk Grammar School took part in an Enterprise Fair in the Marshes Shopping Centre on Saturday 9th April 2011. The Fair was organised by the DGS Events Management Team “Dynamite” who met with Mr Harry Traynor, Shopping Centre Manager on serveral occasions before the event to ensure that everything ran smoothly.
The winners of the main awards were as follows:
- Best Display – Aaron Lamm – Crafty
- Best Marketing – Stirling Martin – “Awe Wish”
- Best Product – William Gogan – “Crafty Crafts”
- Best Salesperson – Sean Nelson – “Dough Design”
- Best Overall Company – Cathal Costello, Scoil Ui Mhuiri, Dunleer.
All the students who took part (including some of DGS first year groups) really enjoyed the experience, and, indeed many reported a healthy profit at the end of the day’s trading.
The school is grateful to the staff of the Marshes Shopping Centre for facilitating the event, and to Declan Murphy (Servisource Ltd), Paddy Malone (Chair of the Chamber of Commerce) and Joanne Mallon (Junior Achievement Young Enterprise Northern Ireland) for giving of their time to judge the mini-companies on Product, Marketing, Sales, Display and Overall Company.