08 Dec Virtual Christmas Cake Competition 2020
Award winning Chef Neven Maguire sends a Good Luck Message to all the entrants in our Virtual Christmas Cake competition. Closing date Tuesday 15th December.
WHO CAN ENTER?
The competition is open to All DGS students 1st to 6th year.
Entrants are asked to make and decorate a “Christmas-themed Cake”.
Rules of Competition:
- Entries must be the genuine, unaided work of the individual DGS student who has entered.
- Your entry must not have been shown on any social media previously or during the competition otherwise you will be disqualified.
- Cake ingredients: the cake itself can be fruit cake, sponge cake or biscuit cake.
(Photo should show this clearly prior to decorating. There will be no tasting as it’s a virtual competition).
- Cake measurements: No more than 10 inches/26.5cm in width and no restriction on height.
- The cake will solely be judged on presentation and appearance.
- A panel of judges will score your creation to determine the winner. Judge’s decision is final.
- A) Be careful of fingerprints, nail marks, even covering, thickness of sugarpaste, (if using), pencil and tool marks.
- B) Make sure your work is clean.
- C) Avoid using artificial decorations. However, any Non-edible parts of your cake should be indicated when describing your cake.
- D) It could be helpful to make the cake on one day and decorate the following day.
HOW TO ENTER:
Make and decorate your cake.
Take one photo or 5 second video of your cake prior to decorating. (so judges can verify cake base)
Take a maximum of 5 good quality clear images (front, sides, back) per entry OR a 30 second video including close-ups of your entry.
Poor quality images or video of your entry will lose considerable marks.
Upload it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 15th December at 4.p.m.
Include your name, year and form and a brief description (short paragraph) of your cake, measurements of your cake and why you were inspired to make it!
Late entries will not be accepted.
Good Luck to you all.