PTA Proposed Amendments to the Constitution 14th October 2020
Proposed Amendments to the Constitution 14th October 2020
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- The AGM shall be held during the Christmas Term. Two weeks’ notice of the AGM shall be given to members.
- All proposals should be notified to the Secretary in writing two weeks prior to the AGM.
- Proposals to amend the constitution must be circulated to all members at least two weeks before the AGM and must be carried by a two-thirds majority of those present.
- The chair shall be taken by the Chairperson and in the situation of his/her absence the Vice-Chairperson shall chair the meeting.
- There shall be a minimum of sixteen and a maximum of twenty two members of the Committee. It shall be an objective of the Committee to try, where reasonably possible, to include at least one parent of a student in every year group and to achieve the following balance of members:
2-Members of Teaching Staff
4 -Parents of Boarding Pupils
9 -Parents of Day Pupils
2-Members of the Board of Governors
- The Committee shall elect from amongst its members:
One or two delegates to represent Dundalk Grammar School at COMPASS.
The Committee shall nominate delegate(s) to represent the school on any other relevant bodies.
The term of office for elected members shall be three years.
The Quorum for Committee Meetings shall be eight.