eVetting for TY Students

eVetting for TY Students

Section 12 of the Vetting Act 2016 places a statutory obligation on school authorities to obtain a vetting disclosure from the Bureau prior to the employment, contract, permission or placement of a person to undertake relevant work or activities with children or vulnerable persons.

​This applies to all students aged over 16. Vetting cannot be sought until the student has secured a placement.


How it works

1. Student completes the NVB1 form: (See FORMS section below).

Please note the following:

Section 1 – Role being vetted for: Working with children in (Name of Organisation), or working with vulnerable adults in a care home.

Section 2 – Additional Information – Name of Organisation: DUNDALK GRAMMAR SCHOOL

2. Parent/Guardian completes in the NVB3 form. (NVB3 is a parent/guardian form and it must be the parent/guardian’s email address and the parent/guardian’s phone number (not the student’s contact details) written on the application or it will be rejected).

3. Principal confirms the student’s identity and proof of address (which is retained on student’s file) and forwards the application to the Joint Managerial Body (JMB).

4. JMB will email the student’s parent/guardian with a link to complete the eVetting process. Parent/Guardian regularly checks e-mail address as declared on NVB1 form.

5. Student completes the eVetting process online and submits it to the JMB.

6. The National Vetting Bureau will process the application and will issue a vetting disclosure to JMB who will forward it to the School Principal. School Principal will download the Vetting Disclosure and share the outcome with the student, and keep it on file in a secure location.

7. School will organise a Joint Agreement with the relevant organisation (work placement).

8. Parent/Guardian OR Student supplies the Joint Agreement to his/her work placement.



Hard copies of both forms are also available in the school office if required.



Proof of Address

Provide 2 of the following:

  • Utility bills e.g. gas, electricity, television, broadband (must not be less than 6 months old. Printed online bills are acceptable. Mobile phone bills are not acceptable).
  • Public services card/ social services card/ medical card.
  • Credit / debit cards/passbooks (only one per institution).
  • Bank / Building Society / Credit Union statement.
  • P60, P45 or Payslip (with home address).
  • Correspondence from an insurance company regarding an active policy or from a bank / credit union or government body or state agency.